This is the Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 6 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- of salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- Vegetable oil
- Apple quarters
- Icing sugar
- Maple syrup
In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
In other bowl, whisk together egg, apple juice, apple sauce, honey and melted butter. Stir egg and apple mixture into dry ingredients. Mix well until smooth.
Warm large heavy skillet, or non-stick skillet with oil added. When skillet is hot, add 2 oz (60 mL) batter. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until pancake is golden. Repeat seven times.
For each serving, stack pancakes alternately with apple quarters, 2 or 3 times. Sprinkle with icing sugar and maple syrup. Serve immediately.