This is the Blueberry, Lemon and Brie Scones recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Brie sliced
Preheat oven to 425 °F (210 °C). Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Beat the egg and add the milk, butter and vanilla extract. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and lemon zest and form a well in the middle.
Pour liquid mixture into the well and mix until well blended. Add blueberries.
Divide dough into 12 balls. Place on cookie sheet, flatten slightly and brush with beaten egg mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the scones are well browned.
When scones are ready, split and insert a slice of Brie in each. Enjoy.
For an original twist to this recipe, try Canadian Camembert, Cream cheese or Havarti.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 86 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|