This is the Carrot, cranberry & Gouda salad recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut halves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) walnut oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 6 - 8 medium carrots peeled and julienned
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Gouda cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Spread out walnuts in an ovenproof dish and toast for 10 min. Remove from the oven and let cool.
In a large bowl, mix oil with vinegar.
Add walnuts and remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Did you know?
Dried cranberries can be kept for up to 12 months in the pantry or freezer.
Carrot salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Add the walnuts just before serving so they retain their crunchiness.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cheddar, Havarti, Gouda.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 227 mg|
|Vitamin A:||106 %|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|