This is the Chili recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pkg (1 1/2 oz/40 g) chili seasoning mix*
- 1/2 cup (250 mL) water
- Canadian Monterey Jack shredded
- Fresh coriander chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) ground meat of your choice: turkey, chicken, pork or hot or sweet Italian sausage casing removed
- 3 cups (750 mL) of your choice: drained canned black and/or kidney beans and corn or drained canned kidney beans and cut green beans or drained canned chickpeas and frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups (500 mL) of your choice: salsa, meatless spaghetti sauce or stewed tomatoes
In a large non-stick saucepan, cook meat, green pepper and onion. Drain off fat, if necessary.
Stir in chili seasoning mix, vegetables, sauce and water. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Add a handful of shredded Canadian Monterey Jack and stir until melted. Ladle chilli into bowls and top each serving with more shredded Canadian Monterey Jack and coriander.
* Or use 3 tbsp (45 mL) chili powder and 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cumin or more to taste.** For a meatless variation increase vegetables to 6 cups (1.5 L).
Replace Canadian Monterey Jack with any of the following: shredded Canadian Cheddar, Mozzarella, Havarti, Gouda or Swiss
Learn more about
|Calcium:||18 % / 203 mg|