This is the Easy Pork Goulash recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h 45
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chicken broth mix
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) garlic salt
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) water
- 2 lb (1 Kg) lean boneless stewing pork cut in 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter. Sauté onions until tender. Blend in paprika, broth mix and garlic salt. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the water and pork. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender; stir occasionally. Gradually stir remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) water into flour until smooth; add to meat mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Combine yogurt and sugar; stir into meat mixture.
Reheat to serving temperature, stirring constantly; do not boil. Serve over rice or noodles.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 106 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||79 %|
|Vitamin B6:||61 %|