This is the Mexican Quesadillas recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Brick* cheese thinly sliced
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Colby* cheese thinly sliced
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 small white onion or red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC).
Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, buttered side up, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 5 minutes; remove from oven.
Arrange sliced Canadian Brick and Colby cheeses over tortillas. Bake 5 minutes longer or until they are melted. Remove from oven.
Serve with Fresh Tomato Salsa.
Fresh Tomato Salsa:
Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well. Spoon over hot quesadillas and serve.
If time is short, you can use prepared mild, medium or hot salsa instead of Fresh Tomato Salsa.
* Or you can use thinly sliced Canadian jalapeno Havarti, Monterey Jack and/or Mozzarella cheese.