This recipe is taken from the 1989 Milk Calendar. This is the Savoury Cheese Muffins recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) softened butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smoked ham chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh basil chopped
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Butter and flour 12 large muffin cups. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter with sugar until creamy; add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, alternating dry and liquid ingredients. Quickly fold in cheese, meat and basil.
Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for 25-30 min until done.
Remove to a rack. Delicious served at once or reheated and buttered.
Variations:Batter may be baked in a 9 x 5-in (23 x 13 cm) buttered loaf pan for 50-60 min. Serve sliced and toasted with butter.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 137 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||15 %|