With so few ingredients, it’s amazing such a truly delicious dish can be made so easily. Serve with a crisp green salad and dinner is done.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 oz (90 g) diced pancetta or 3 slices bacon cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) white wine optional
- 12 oz (375 g) spaghetti or bucatini
- 1 cup (250 mL) 15 % or 18 % cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan canadien cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Parmesan cheese for sprinking over top
- chopped fresh parsley for sprinking over top
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Heat butter in a large wide saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 7 min stirring frequently until crisp. Drain all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of fat from the pan. Add wine to the pan, if using; stir until wine is nearly evaporated. Turn heat to low.
Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk cream with eggs, Parmesan, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to the pan with the pancetta. Increase heat to medium. Add cream mixture; stir 2 to 3 min until sauce thickens and pasta is coated in sauce. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
If serving with a crisp green salad, add some raddichio or endive to it for a nice contrasting flavour.
Like your food spicy? Try buying hot pancetta instead of regular.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||37 % / 403 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||58 %|