This is the Spinach Caesar Salad recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 romaine lettuce rinsed, patted dry and torn in pieces
- 4 cups (1 L) spinach rinsed, patted dry and torn in pieces
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced bread
- Olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 4 anchovies fillets finely chopped (optional)
- Caesar Dressing
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Combine lettuce with spinach in salad bowl. Arrange bread dices on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and set aside.
Sprinkle salad with half the grated Canadian Parmesan cheese and some Caesar Dressing. Toss gently and add more dressing, if needed. Top with croutons, anchovies, if desired, and some more Canadian Parmesan cheese. Keep remaining cheese for table service.
Beat egg, garlic, Dijon mustard, vinegar and lemon juice in food processor, until smooth. Add salt and season to taste with pepper. Stir in olive oil with food processor on low speed. Set aside.
: This recipe contains raw or lightly cooked eggs. Foods containing raw or lightly cooked eggs may be harmful to vulnerable people such as young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weak immune systems.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||28 % / 311 mg|