This is the Tuna and Noodle Bake recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) medium or broad egg noodles or 10 oz (300 g) chopped frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 1/2 oz (184 g) 1 can chunk light tuna drained (reserve broth) or 7 1/2 oz (212 g) 1 can salmon drained and flaked
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda or Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) liquid (tuna or salmon broth
- and Milk)
- Salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Drain. In large bowl, combine noodles, spinach, tuna, green onions and 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Gouda cheese. Spoon mixture into well buttered deep 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
In microwaveable medium bowl, beat together eggs, liquid, salt and cayenne pepper until eggs are just blended. Microwave on HIGH, stirring often, until mixture thickens slightly. Pour over noodle and tuna mixture, in pie plate. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Bake in a 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||48 % / 533 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||186 %|
|Vitamin A:||66 %|