Legend-Dairy Web Quiz Contest Rules & Regulations
Open to residents of Canada
1. SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Legend-Dairy Web Quiz Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Dairy Farmers of Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 14, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada who is age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence at time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, Contest administrator, the independent contest organization, advertising and promotional agencies and the suppliers of each Prize (as hereinafter defined) or other materials or services in connection with the Contest (collectively “Contest Parties”) and the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse) of the Contest Parties and all other persons who reside with the Contest Parties, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: No Purchase Necessary. During the Contest Period, visit www.dairyfarmersofcanada.ca/en/reverscipes (the “Contest Website”) and complete the “Fun Quiz” consisting of five (5) questions. Next, complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your first name, last name, a valid email address, daytime telephone number (including area code (optional)), indicate whether you wish to receive future promotional emails (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions (not mandatory for entry) and confirm compliance with these Official Rules. Upon doing so, click “Submit”, and you will receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest. Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2021 (the “Contest Closing Date”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. Only one (1) email address per person may be used. Anyone found to enter more than once, including by using multiple email addresses to enter, will be ineligible. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There are sixteen (16) prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won (1 Prize per Prize Period – see rule 6) each consisting of a Littledeer Cooking Utensil Set containing five (5) heirloom-quality tools as follows: one (1) spreader, one (1) tongs, one (1) paddle for turning and scraping, one (1) pot scoop for stirring and tasting and one (1) serving scoop. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $170.00 (CDN).
The total ARV of all Prizes being awarded is $2,720.00 (CDN). As Prizes are won, the number of Prizes available will be reduced accordingly during the Contest Period. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash. In the event a Prize (or any component thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure or production exigencies), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another prize (or any component thereof) of equal or greater value, without liability. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and shall have no cash value. All characteristics and features of a Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Only sixteen (16) Prizes will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION: At approximately 10:00:00 AM ET in Oakville, ON on each Prize Period Draw Date (as defined in rule 6) a random draw for each Prize (the “Prize Draws”) will be held on Thursday following each Prize Period from among all eligible entries received by the applicable Prize Period End Date (as defined in rule 6). Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the applicable Prize Period End Date. For each Prize Draw, the first selected entrant will be eligible for the Prize. PLEASE NOTE: NON-WINNING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES WILL BE CARRIED OVER INTO THE FOLLOWING PRIZE DRAW. The selected entrant will be contacted by email and/or telephone within two (2) business days of the applicable Prize Period Draw Date. If the selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of being contacted; or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 7); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 7), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as a Prize winner is confirmed or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
6. PRIZE PERIODS: The Contest Period is divided into sixteen (16) periods (each a “Prize Period”) each commencing 12:00:00 AM ET on September 14, 2021 and ending as follows:
7. DECLARATION OF WINNERS AND AWARDING OF PRIZES: To be declared a winner of a Prize (the “Winner”), the selected entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrant will also be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), in which, among other things, the selected entrant: (i) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) releases the Releasees (see rule 8) from any liability in connection with the Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest or otherwise; and (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped by courier within Canada to the Winner’s address provided on the Release Form within four (4) weeks of being confirmed a Winner.
By entering the Contest, each entrant: (i) agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final; (ii) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (iii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry in favour of the Sponsor; (iv) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action and (v) releases the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with this Contest and his/her participation in this Contest to the full extent permitted by law.
All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
The Releasees accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize or for any other reason. By entering and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, address (city) and/or photograph without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
The Releasees will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Releasees will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the Entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the Entry. In the event of a dispute, a selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Regie”) , to withdraw, terminate, amend or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules (including, without limitation, modification to any of the dates and/or timeframe stipulations in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant of any Contest-related information), at any time and in any way without prior notice, or are prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond their control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, /provincial, territorial, municipal, or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control, technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Releasees shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
For Quebec residents only. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
All intellectual property associated with the Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any materials related to this Contest, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French version of these Official Rules, the English version shall prevail and govern