Monthly Cheese Delivery Contest
Rules & Regulations (“OFFICIAL RULES”)
Open to residents of Canada
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final.
1. SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: Monthly Cheese Delivery (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Dairy Farmers of Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on December 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on December 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada who is of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, Contest administrator, the independent contest organization, advertising and promotional agencies and the suppliers of each Prize (as hereinafter defined) or other materials or services in connection with the Contest (collectively “Contest Parties”) and the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse) of the Contest Parties and all other persons whom reside with the Contest Parties, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: No Purchase Necessary. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
(i) WEBSITE: During the Contest Period, scan the QR code found in retail stores or visit canadiandairymonthly.ca (the “Contest Website”) and complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your first name, last name, a valid email address, daytime telephone number (including area code (optional), select whether you wish to receive future promotional emails (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions (not mandatory for entry) and confirm compliance with these Official Rules. Upon doing so, click “Submit”, and you will receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Prize Draw.
(ii) SOCIAL MEDIA: To participate in this Contest via Social Media, you must have a valid Tiktok or Snapchat Account (each an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, visit www.tiktok.com or www.snapchat.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Account. During the Contest Period, click on the Dairy Farmers of Canada Social Media Advertisement (the “Advertisement”) within Tiktok and Snapchat and complete the Entry form as follows:
Tiktok and Snapchat: Click on the Advertisement and play the look for the blue cow logo module as per the instructions. Once the module is completed, you will then be redirected to the Entry Form to enter your first name, last name, a valid email address, indicate whether you wish to receive future promotional emails (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) from the Sponsor regarding upcoming events and/or promotions (not mandatory for entry) and confirm compliance with these Official Rules. Upon doing so, click “Submit”, and you will receive one (1) Entry into the Prize Draw;
Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM EDT on December 31, 2022 (the “Contest Closing Date”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. Only one (1) email address per person may be used. Anyone found to use multiple email addresses to enter will be ineligible. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There are three (3) grand prizes consisting of a Monthly Dairy Delivery for a year (12 consecutive months commencing February 2023) plus ten (10) Coupons worth up to CAD$5.00 off on each purchase of any dairy product with the Blue Cow Logo (total ARV 1800$ per Grand Prize). Each delivery basket will consist of a selection of Canadian dairy products with the Blue Cow logo at the Sponsors discretion valued up to 100$ (CDN) (one hundred Canadian dollar) and ten (10) Coupons worth $5.00 (CDN) off on each purchase of any dairy product with the Blue Cow Logo (coupons exclude fluid milk and are limited to one original coupon per product).
The total Approximate Retail Value (the "ARV") of the Prizes being awarded is $5,400.00 (CDN) (five thousand four hundred Canadian dollars). The Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash. In the event the Prizes (or any component thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure or production exigencies), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another prize (or any component thereof) of equal or greater value, without liability. Any unused portion of the Prizes will be forfeited and shall have no cash value. All characteristics and features of the Prizes, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Only three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person during the Contest Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION:
Grand prize: On January 9th, at approximately 12:00 pm Eastern Time in Whitby, ON, a random draw (the “Prize Draws”) will be held from among all eligible Entries received by the Contest Period End Date (as defined below). Odds of being selected for a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the Contest Period End Date.
The selected entrant will be contacted by email within two (2) business days of the Contest Prize Draw Date. If a selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of being contacted; or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 6); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as a Prize winner is confirmed or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
6. DECLARATION OF WINNERS AND AWARDING OF PRIZES: To be declared a winner of a Prize (the “Winner”), the selected entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrant will also be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), in which, among other things, the selected entrant: (i) confirms compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) releases the Releasees (see rule 7) from any liability in connection with the Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest or otherwise; and (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, residence (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped by courier within Canada to the Winner’s address provided on the Release Form on the first week of each month from February 2023 to February 2024.
By entering the Contest, each entrant: (i) agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final; (ii) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (iii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry in favour of the Sponsor; (iv) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action and (v) releases the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with this Contest and his/her participation in this Contest to the full extent permitted by law.
All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
The Releasees accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize or for any other reason. By entering and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, address (city) and/or photograph without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
The Releasees will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Releasees will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website or any Social Media Entry Form, does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the Entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the Entry. In the event of a dispute, a selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules, only the first Entry submitted by the entrant will be eligible. All subsequent Entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie, to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible Entries. The Releasees shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
For Quebec residents only. Any litigation regarding the conduct or organization of a publicity contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation regardings the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
All intellectual property associated with the Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any materials related to this Contest, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French version of these Official Rules, the English version shall prevail and govern.