These free food model cards will help you organize food-related activities for children.
A variety of activities!
This food model card set features pictures and food origin descriptions for a variety of foods. Use the cards for interactive activities about healthy eating, where foods come from and many other topics. They are also useful for doing activities with children about the five senses.
The set contains 96 cards that feature:
- Pictures of a variety of foods and information about where the food comes from and how it is typically consumed
- Pictures showing the different stages of food production
Get two free copies!
Ideas for school activities
- Find a picture of a food for each letter of the alphabet. Ask students to write the name of the food after looking at the picture.
- Conduct a survey of the students’ favourite foods from among the pictures. Create a bar graph illustrating the results.
- Ask the students to give an oral presentation on one or more foods.
Ideas for early childhood activities
- Choose 10 food pictures and try to create a nursery rhyme that includes all of them.
- Using two sets of cards, play a memory game. Place the cards face down on the table and let the children take turns trying to find matching pairs.
How to AccessOnline Order
Use the cards with school-age and preschool children.
Use the cards for activities related to health, math, science, etc.