Your kids will love eating this snack as much as they will enjoy making it!
Simple Recipes to Enjoy Together
- ½ apple
- 1 slice thick Canadian cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) puffed rice cereal
- 2 tsp (10 mL) peanut butter
- Cut the apple so the stem is on the bottom and the apple sits flat.
- Use a paring knife to cut around the core of the apple. Push out core and discard.
- Cut a slice of cheese into a triangle with a butter knife.
- Spread peanut butter on the cut side of the apple.
- Pour cereal on a small plate. Press the apple with peanut butter side down into the cereal.
- Use a toothpick to attach the cheese to the apple.
Caution for Children Less Than 4 Years Old
Large pieces of apple, thickly spread peanut butter and toothpicks are choking risks for children under the age of 4.
Serve extra pieces of apple with a selection of cheeses. Try creamy Brie, a sharp aged cheddar, or a tangy blue cheese. Dip apple slices in water and lemon juice to prevent browning.