This cheese sauce recipe is simple and goes well with
veggies, bread and popcorn chicken!
Easy to Make, Easy to Love. Recipes to Share with Others.
Makes 1 ¼ cup (300 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian cheddar cheese, old, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and whisk in the flour. Cook for one minute on low heat.
- Whisk in the milk until smooth. Turn up the heat slightly and cook until milk starts to simmer and bubbles appear.
- Add the cheese and mustard and cook until thickened, stirring often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Want a Flavor Boost?
Try adding a few drops of hot sauce to spice it up.
Print recipeClick here
Activity Early Childhood