A Class Cookbook
This fun activity can become a treasured keepsake for your students.
Favorite family recipes for all to enjoy
Creating a class cookbook is a nice way to celebrate family traditions and food diversity in your classroom. A cookbook can also be a class keepsake for students and would make a nice gift for family members.
- Have your students bring a favourite recipe for the cookbook.
- Decide on a template for the cookbook. Ask your students to write their recipe into the template and decorate it with pictures of the ingredients or the final product.
- Combine the recipes to create a class cookbook. Give each student a copy to bring home and encourage them to try the recipes with their family.
You could also ask students to interview a family member (parent, guardian, aunt, brother, etc) to get more detail about their recipe. Questions to guide the interview:
- When was the first time you tried this recipe?
- Does the recipe trigger a memory of a special person or event?
- Did someone teach you how to make the recipe?
- Do you know where the recipe originally came from?
- What do you like about eating it (taste, texture, smell)?
- What is your favourite ingredient in this recipe?
Looking for easy recipes?Click here
Grade4 - 6
Number of Activities2
Consider making a digital cookbook instead of a printed one, so it is easy to share.