Tzatziki is a delicious yogurt-based dip with roots in Mediterranean countries. Try this dip which can be made in advance and enjoyed in lunches with veggies or as a sandwich spread.
Easy to Make, Easy to Love. Recipes to Share with Others.
Makes ¾ cup
- ¼ English cucumber, peeled
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh dill, finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out seeds.
- Grate cucumber and place on a piece of cheesecloth, gathering edges to form a pouch. Squeeze to drain off liquid.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Looking for cheesecloth?
You can buy it at the grocery store.
Meal Planning Tip
Jazz up your meal! Make extra tzatziki to serve as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken, pork, beef or salmon.