This poster is an early childhood education tool in the shape of a wicker basket filled with food! Educators and home daycare providers can use this poster and the accompanying activity sheet to teach children in their group about different
Discover a basket full of food!
This poster makes early childhood education fun with a basket containing a variety of nutritious and delicious foods! Children can explore them through a variety of fun activities:
- A story about a group of young explorers who have fun discovering the food in the basket they made
- An activity related to the story
- 4 educational activities, including some that help with motor development
- A culinary activity, "Mini Bread Basket", in which the children make a small roll with a fennel, apple, cheese and salmon filling
- A children’s rhyme about the food at the picnic depicted on the poster
Other editions of the poster are also available
Discover other worlds and a variety of activities with our other posters!
Every fall, early childhood education services in Quebec can order the new edition of the poster and activity sheet free of charge. Quantities are limited, so keep an eye out for them!
Aligned withGazelle et Potiron framework
How to AccessDownloadable
Aligned withMeeting Early Childhood Needs
Suggestions from our team:
Subscribe to our newsletter to find out when the new edition of this tool will be available.
Ask the children to invent a new story or riddles based on the images on the poster.