This free brochure provides information to guide you in helping children aged 1 to 5 to develop healthy eating habits.
A variety of tips
Eating habits developed during early childhood can influence a child’s diet for a lifetime.
This brochure provides information, practical tips, and meal and snack ideas to help you nurture healthy eating habits in the children in your care.
The brochure covers a variety of topics, including the following:
- Hints for getting young children to enjoy different foods
- Ways to avoid using food for negotiation, punishment or reward
- How to achieve balance and variety in your meal plans
- The importance of certain nutrients during early childhood
- Why fat is an essential nutrient
- Preventing choking
- Reducing the risk of food-borne illness
- Tips for preventing constipation
- Three examples of daily meal plans
Get your copyOrder now
The team of Registered Dietitians at Dairy Farmers of Canada would like to thank the following for reviewing the content of this brochure:
- Manon Bouchard and Stéphanie Ledoux, Registered Dietitians, CHU Sainte-Justine, Mother and Child University Hospital Centre
- Stéphanie Côté, Registered Dietitian, Extenso, Centre de référence sur la nutrition de l’Université de Montréal
- Julie Deschamps, Registered Dietitian, Fondation OLO
- Valérie St-Pierre, Registered Dietitian, CLSC de Mercier-Est–Anjou
How to AccessOnline Order
Suggestions from our team:
Use the three sample daily meal plans as a basis for developing your own.
Use the checklist to make sure your meal plans meet the needs of young children.