This package includes a variety of original resources that use pictures to explain where foods come from to students.
This set of resources makes it fun to discuss where foods come from in a variety of ways.
- Activities (e.g., matching game, memory game, story and nursery rhyme) to accompany The Amazing World of Food poster
- An active game called "Who are you? Where do you come from?”
- A quick printable activity where kids match foods with where they come from
- 11 French nursery rhymes that introduce a variety of foods and where they come from (downloadable audio tracks and illustrated texts)
- A cooking workshop called “Moustached fruit smoothie” to help kids discover how apples and cinnamon grow and explore how maple syrup is made
These resources are available online!
Pedagogical objectives of these resources
- Discover where a variety of staple foods come from.
- Discover a variety of nutritious foods.
Encourage students to adopt a reflexive approach to the development of healthy lifestyle habits in relation to health.
Awareness of how their personal choices affect their own health and well-being: food and hygiene.
Taking it one step further…
Want to know how to adapt your activities to the new Canada’s Food Guide? Looking for information about body image in children? Request a free workshop for your school staff!
Number of Activities5
Tips from our team!
Audio tracks, pictures, tasks: use our varied resources to maximize learning with your students!
find more ideas for educational activities in the article Helping Kids Discover Where Foods Come From.