This free workshop in French covers nutrition for children between 1 and 5 years old and educational practices you can use to help kids develop a healthy diet. The workshop is available to early childhood education staff and provides participants with useful information and practical educational activity ideas.
This workshop is currently only available in French.
- Cost: Free
- Duration: 3 hours
- Date: At your convenience
- Minimum number of participants:
- 25 for coordinating offices
- To be determined for public childcare centres (CPEs) and private daycare centres
- Maximum number of participants: 50
- Location: In your community
- Regions: We take the workshop to all regions of Quebec, under certain conditions. Contact us for more information!
- Workshop facilitator: A dietitian/nutritionist from our team
Who is eligible for this workshop
Anyone who works in early childhood education and care, including:
- Home childcare providers
- Pedagogical and technological support agents
- Compliance agents
- Menu planners/Cooks
- Supervisors or managers
For more information, contact us!
- Become familiar with early childhood education best practices for creating positive eating environments for meals and snack time
- Update your knowledge about nutrition for preschool-age children
- Recognize factors that have an impact on developing healthy eating habits in early childhood
- Adopt a positive outlook on healthy eating
- Become a better role model for healthy eating and body image
- Become familiar with best practices for educational activities about healthy diets
- Explore resources for teaching kids about healthy eating, including the Les aventures de Pat le mille-pattes activity guide handed out at the workshop
Educators from public childcare centres (CPEs), educators from private daycares, and home daycare providers will receive a copy of "Les aventures de Pat le mille-pattes" and food cards.
Aligned withGazelle et Potiron framework
Aligned withMeeting Early Childhood Needs
98% of participants are satisfied with the workshop
9 out of 10 participants say they would recommend the workshop to a colleague