To better meet your needs, this free workshop now gives you the opportunity to choose your own content!
(in French only)
This workshop is currently only available in French.
A workshop tailored to you!
Participants will receive information adapted to the needs of their setting and ideas for educational activities tailored to their practice. Please note that each participating school daycare will receive a copy of the Création et récréation activity guide (in French).
- Cost: Free
- Duration: 2 hours (choose 3 topics) or 2.5 hours (choose 4 topics)
- Date: At your convenience
- Minimum number of participants : 7
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- Location: At your school
- Regions: We take the workshop to all regions of Quebec, under certain conditions. Contact us for more information!
- Workshop facilitator: A dietitian from our team
Who is eligible for this workshop
- School daycare technicians
- Lunch monitors
- CISSS or CIUSSS health care professionals
- Community organization members
For more information, contact us!
Choose your own content
Choose from the following topics :
Want to learn more about these topics?
Here is a summary of each one:
- Introduction: Explore ways to talk about nutrition with children by making sure they have fun and positive experiences.
- Mealtime best practices: Familiarize yourself with best practices for overseeing school mealtimes (e.g., listening to hunger and fullness signals, managing lunches).
- Developing a sense of taste: Understand the process for developing a sense of taste to improve your ability to guide children.
- Canada’s Food Guide: Get to know the new Canada’s Food Guide and some appropriate ways to discuss it with children.
- Body image: Understand what body image is and how the media influences it and explore ways to promote a positive body image in children.
- Collaborating with parents: Explore how to team up with parents and communicate clearly and effectively with them (e.g., discussing lunch contents).
- Educational resources and activity ideas: Explore educational resources, including the Création et récréation activity guide, which is handed out during the workshop.
- Planning and conducting cooking activities: Explore A Recipe for Successful Cooking Workshops, a guide designed to help plan, organize and facilitate cooking workshops. If you choose this topic, you will receive a copy of the guide during the workshop.
- Trying some activities: During the workshop, you can try out some of the educational activities in the Création et récréation activity guide.
Further details can be provided upon workshop confirmation.
Aligned withPour un virage santé à l'école Policy framework
9 out of 10 participants said they would recommend the workshop to a colleague
97% of participants said they were satisfied with the workshop