A picture is worth a thousand words!
Help children develop their cooking skills with these illustrations and animations of cooking techniques designed just for them.
These tools are coming soon!
Easier and more active cooking activities!
These cooking technique illustrations, developed in partnership with the Centre de services scolaire de Montréal and Les ateliers cinq épices, are designed to facilitate making recipes with children using visual aids that encourage young chefs to learn and make learning to cook more engaging and enriching.
The illustrations depict basic cooking techniques, making them perfect for introducing children to cooking.
These cooking techniques are coming very soon. Stay tuned for the launch by signing up for our newsletter.
- Measuring dry ingredients with a measuring cup
- Measuring dry ingredients with a measuring spoon
- Measuring wet ingredients with a measuring cup
- Measuring liquid ingredients with a measuring cup
- Mixing ingredients with a metal spoon
- Mixing ingredients with a wooden spoon
- Scraping with a spatula
- Chopping using the “tunnel” technique
- Cutting using the “cat’s paw” technique
- Snipping herbs with scissors
- Grating cheese
- Peeling with a peeler
Basic food prep techniques
- Washing foods
- Spreading a topping
- Rolling a tortilla
- Cracking an egg
- Transferring food into a bowl
- Squeezing citrus fruit
To adapt cooking activities to COVID-19 restrictions, read our article on the subject (coming soon).