Can your students guess the food by only seeing one small part of the Food Picture Card? Find out in this free online game!
To complete the Hide and Seek activity in an online learning environment, download the slide deck and follow the activity description below. Wrap up questions are provided to generate class discussion.
Before completing this activity, we recommend that you read the section "How to Talk about Food with Students" in the Teacher Guide.
Curricular links: Health and Life Skills; Fine Arts
Student supplies: none
Format: class video discussion where you share slides (e.g., Google Meet)
- Explain to students that they will see an image of a Food Picture Card that has been magnified to show only one small part of the picture. Students will try to guess what food is being shown on the screen.
- Tell students they can use the Canada’s Food Guide Study Print slides as a hint to help them guess.
- Ask students:
- Was it easy or challenging to figure out what food was shown? Why?
- Were there any foods you couldn’t guess?
- Were there any foods that were easy to guess?