Spark the imagination of children ages 1 to 5 by reading them stories written specifically for early childhood educational settings. These free activities will allow them to discover the world of food in a fun and captivating way!
An activity to talk about food with children
All the stories discuss, through an imaginary world, the subject of healthy eating by focusing on discovery, careers, where foods come from or the five senses. By reading these stories to children, you will help them develop healthy eating habits!
Our first series of stories follows the adventures of Pat the centipede, who wants to throw a surprise party for his friend Marion the butterfly. So he sets off to find food to make a picnic. Each chapter features a different food.
All the stories include:
- Suggested questions to support the cognitive, language, emotional and social areas of development
- Printable stick puppets to animate the reading
- A verse to sing
Download the stories for free
Pat le mille-pattes series (French Only)
- Pat le mille-pattes tombe dans les pommes
- Pat le mille-pattes et la course aux courges
- Sur la route du lait avec Pat le mille-pattes
- Pat le mille-pattes savoure du pain frais
- Pat le mille-pattes découvre les agrumes
- Pat le mille-pattes en apprend sur le yogourt
- Pat le mille-pattes et l’œuf qui dort
- Pat le mille-pattes croque le fromage à belles dents
- Pat le mille-pattes et les pâtes alimentaires aux mille formes
- Pat le mille-pattes et la pêche aux poissons
- Pat le mille-pattes au jour J: Le grand pique-nique
Stay tuned! More stories will be available soon.