This recipe is taken from the 1998 Milk Calendar. Bananas and chocolate- what a great combination!
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange peel
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk chocolate chips
- Orange Glaze
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter or paper-line muffin cups.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
In a medium bowl, beat together milk, eggs, melted butter, sugar and grated peel. Stir in mashed bananas and blend well. Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Sprinkle milk chocolate chips over batter and gently fold in. Fill prepared muffin cups right to the top, mounding up slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 min or until firm to the touch.
Boil ingredients for 2 min or until slightly thickened. When the muffins have cooled, brush glaze on the tops.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 72 mg|