Luscious, easy and nutritious— an ideal dessert!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 55 min - 1 h
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 L) Milk
- 5 cups (1.25 L) dried wholegrain bread cubed
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 3 oz (90 g) 70 % cacao chocolate chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) almonds chopped coarsely
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In a large bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Add bread. Mix and let sit 45 minutes.
Add blueberries. Pour mixture into 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate and almonds, pressing pieces lightly into surface. Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 178 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||31 %|
|Vitamin D:||30 %|