There are a few essential things that go into these soups that aren’t in their lists of ingredients: honesty, purity, wholesomeness, and a healthy dash of farm wisdom.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) carrots peeled and diced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken or vegetable broth no salt added
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Brie cut into small wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) roasted nuts your choice
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook vegetables for 5 minutes.
Add broth, milk, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 25–30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Purée using a hand or upright blender. Serve soup garnished with brie, honey and nuts.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 131 mg|
|Vitamin A:||108 %|
|Vitamin B12:||29 %|