This classic treatment for veal is a great way to include more fish in your family’s meals.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Parmesan grated
- 1 lb (450 g) tilapia or other firm white fish fillets of your choice
- 1 - 2 tbsp (15-30 mL) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Mozzarella sliced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Place flour on a plate and add a pinch if salt and pepper. In a bowl, beat eggs with a little water. On another plate, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan.
Coat fish fillets in flour, dip in egg mixture, shake off excess and coat with bread crumb mixture. Place each piece on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter. Cook in the oven for 5–7 minutes, turn over and cook another 5–7 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix tomato sauce with capers, lemon zest and basil.
Cover fish fillets with sauce and top with Mozzarella slices. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Cheese alternatives for Mozzarella: Canadian Friulano, Provolone, Cheddar.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 188 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||109 %|