This is the Double Cheese Sauced Cauliflower with Crispy Crumb Topping recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 4 slices side bacon coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated Canadian Gouda cheese
- 1 large or 2 small heads of cauliflower separated into flowerets
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter melted
Cook bacon in medium saucepan until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving drippings. Finely chop bacon and set aside.
Cook onion in reserved drippings until tender. Blend in flour; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
Stir in Canadian Cheddar and Canadian Gouda cheeses until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep sauce warm.
Combine bread crumbs, Canadian Parmesan cheese, cooked bacon and butter. Set aside.
Cook cauliflower in boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain and place in 2-quart (2 L) shallow baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Broil until topping is golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Do-ahead tip: Prepare cheese sauce and crumb topping the daybefore serving. Reheat sauce over low heat before using.
|Vitamin A:||181 mg|