This recipe is taken from the 1984 Milk Calendar. This is the Fish in a Pouch with Mushroom Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 8 oz (250 g) mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry sherry
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) white fish fillets fresh or thawed
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Melt butter in a small saucepan; add mushrooms, green onions, thyme, lemon juice and sherry. Simmer, covered, 5 min; remove lid; cook a little longer for liquid to reduce.
Stir in flour; cook 2 min. Remove from heat; whisk in milk. Return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook until very thick. Stir in parsley; season to taste.
Lightly butter 6 pieces of foil or parchment paper. Place fish fillets on foil or parchment, season with a little salt and pepper and cover with sauce. Wrap securely and bake in oven about 10 to 15 min or until fish flakes when tested.
Pouches may be individually served or the fish may be removed from packages and arranged on a serving platter.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 159 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||166 %|
|Vitamin D:||116 %|