This is the Fresh Market Vegetable Pilaf recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled, shredded carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked long grain white rice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Melt butter in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat until foamy. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers and carrots to pan. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and any liquid has evaporated.
Stir in rice and parsley. Continue cooking until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a side dish with chicken, pork, beef or fish.
Substitute cooked long grain brown rice or orzo pasta for white rice. Replace green sweet pepper with orange sweet pepper, and replace carrots with shredded zucchini or fresh corn kernels.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||5 % / 45 mg|