Acorn Squash Potage with Tomato and Le Mamirolle CheeseOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Acorn Squash Potage with Tomato and Le Mamirolle Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 7 cups (1.75 L) acorn squash peeled and diced
- 5 cups (1.25 L) low-sodium vegetable broth or low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste no salt added
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 4 oz (120 g) Le Mamirolle Cheese cut into small cubes
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, then sauté garlic and onion. Add squash and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover and cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
In a blender, purée soup with tomato paste until smooth.
Return soup to saucepan, add basil and adjust seasoning.
Top with Le Mamirolle cheese and serve.
Note: This recipe is equally delicious using pumpkin instead of acorn squash.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Bocconcini, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 136 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||16 %|
|Vitamin C:||29 %|