This recipe is taken from the 1991 Milk Calendar. This is the Alfredo Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream or Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Cream cheese diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook 2 to 3 min but do not brown. Whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently 5 min. Sauce should be smooth and creamy.
Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne and Canadian Cream cheese. Cook 2 to 3 min until cheese melts.
Stir in Canadian Parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Combine sauce with 3/4 lb/ 340 g fettucine, cooked.