Moist muffins with a pizza taste—a surefire hit with the kids, and they'll probably want to help make them too!
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Sufficient quantity of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- Pepper to taste
- 6 cups (1.5 L) bread cut in 1-in (2.5-cm) cubes
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pepperoni cut in small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Mozzarella grated
- 10 pitted black olives sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pesto
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 12-cup muffin.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the Ricotta, milk and pepper. Add the bread and dried tomatoes, mix with a wooden spoon and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, pepperoni, Mozzarella, olives and pesto. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
Bake in the centre of the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of one bread pudding comes out clean.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers, once cooled, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
To make 1/2 cup (125 mL) small pepperoni cubes, you will need about 2 oz (60 g) pepperoni.
Children can grease the muffin pan using a pastry brush. They can mix the ingredients and fill the muffin cups with the batter using a spring release ice cream scoop, if you have one.
Vary the garnishes to taste: grilled vegetables, sautéed diced mushrooms, fresh herbs, different kinds of cheeses...
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 143 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||32 %|
|Vitamin C:||15 %|