This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Almond Coated Chicken with Orange Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 6 chicken breast halves flattened
- All-purpose flour (to coat chicken)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 oz (100 g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tbsp (1 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange marmalade
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Dip chicken breasts in flour, egg, then almonds.
Melt a small amount of butter in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté coated chicken breasts, part at a time, on both sides until golden and cooked through, adding more butter to pan as needed. Set aside; keep warm.
Melt a little more butter in same skillet. Sauté onion until tender. Blend in 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour and poultry seasoning. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
Stir in marmalade, orange rind, orange juice and salt and pepper to taste. To serve pour sauce over chicken breasts.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 117 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||33 %|