This recipe is taken from the 1998 Milk Calendar. Steaming hot muffins with brown sugar, toffee, cinnamon and oatmeal- that's a lovely combination!
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk hot
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) Chipits Skor Toffee Bits
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold butter diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) quick-cooking rolled eats
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Chipits Skor Toffee Bits
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Butter or paper-line 12 large muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, pour hot milk over rolled oats, stir and then let stand for 5, 10 min or until the milk is absorbed.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, apple and Chipits Skor Toffee Bits. In a small bowl, beat together brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and eggs. Blend into oatmeal mixture. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
To make topping, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in rolled oats and Chipits Skor Toffee Bits.
Fill each muffin cup to the top with batter, then sprinkle with topping. Bake for 15 to 20 min. Serve warm or cool.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 94 mg|