Apricot Pecan Bread
This recipe is taken from the 1996 Milk Calendar. You’ll want to slice this loaf and spread it with butter or your favourite marmalade while it’s still warm from the oven.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 55 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cloves or ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Pour the boiling water over the apricots and let them soak while you make the batter.
Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and cloves and mix until smooth. Drain apricots and chop coarsely. Add apricots, milk and pecans to batter.
Spoon into a buttered and floured 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan. (Batter will be fairly stiff) Bake for 45 to 55 min.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 84 mg|
|Vitamin A:||19 %|