This is the Autumn Quiche with Squash, Pears and Bacon recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 prebaked 9-inch (23-cm) pie shell
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooked bacon thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) your choice of squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin, etc.) diced and blanched
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white part only leek thinly sliced and blanched
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pears peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Brie diced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk or 10 % cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Fill the pie shell with the bacon, vegetables, pears and diced Brie.
In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the milk or the cream. Add the spices and season to taste. Pour this preparation into the pie shell.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Note: This quiche can be prepared in advance and reheated whole or in portions in a 325 °F (165 °C) oven. It freezes very well.
Try it with Mozzarella, Canadian-Swiss, Canadian Swiss, Emmental, Provolone, or Cheddar, etc.