This recipe is taken from the 1974 Milk Calendar. You'll never recognize the mushroom soup base in our hearty Bacon Corn Chowder. A thick chunky soup for cold winter nights, it's almost a meal in itself served along with hot rolls or crusty bread.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 10 slices of bacon cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Milk
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) cream style corn
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) potatoes cut up
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Sauté bacon in a saucepan until crisp. Drain, reserving 3 tbsp (45 mL) drippings.
Sauté onion and celery in reserved drippings until tender. Add soup, milk, corn, potatoes, bacon, salt and chicken bouillon cubes. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 min or until heated through.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 113 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||30 %|
|Vitamin D:||38 %|