Baked Spaghetti Casserole
As seen on TikTok! A "Million Dollar Spaghetti" recipe filled with flavour. Even simple ingredients can make a meal taste decadent and riche!
- Prep: 35 minutes
- Cooking: 40 minutes
- Meat Sauce
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (650 ml) marinara sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) sun dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh basil
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) Canadian cottage cheese or Canadian ricotta cheese
- 1 brick (226 g) of Canadian cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Canadian sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) Canadian mozzarella shredded
- 1 tsp (5ml) Italian seasoning
- ½ cup (125 ml) Canadian butter cut into slices
- 1 package (900 g) spaghetti pasta, cooked to al dente
- Top with
- 2 cups (500 ml) Canadian mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canadian parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp (10 ml) parsley, coarsely chopped (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cook the spaghetti pasta according to package directions. Make sure the pasta is al-dente or they will become too soft when the casserole is baked in the oven.
In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, onion, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion has softened.
Drain the excess fat, add sundried tomatoes and then stir in the marinara sauce and basil. Turn the heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the meat sauce simmers, make the cheese sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Canadian cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, Canadian cream cheese, Canadian sour cream, Canadian mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
Place half the slices of butter in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread half the spaghetti in the dish, then spread the cheese mixture evenly over spaghetti. Spread remaining spaghetti over cheese mixture. Top with the remaining butter slices.
Top the pasta with the meat sauce.
Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve.