This recipe is taken from the 1995 Milk Calendar. This is the Banana Nut Bread recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 1 h - 1 h 15
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) walnuts or peacans chopped
Combine mashed bananas with brown sugar, egg, milk and butter.
In another bowl, mix all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nuts. Stir Milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
Spoon batter into a buttered 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hrs or until a cake tester comes out clean.
You can easily make this into Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins by adding 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips. Spoon batter into 12 buttered or paper-lined muffin cups and bake, as above, for 20 to 25 min.