Barbecue Chicken Pizza (Cooking Club Size)
This sweet and spicy pizza will appeal to a mature taste. For children substitute regular barbecue sauce for the spicy and omit the coriander and red onion.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 15 min
- 2 prebaked 13-inch (33 cm) pizza crusts
- 1 cup (250 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) spicy barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh coriander or fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Canadian Colby or Canadian Monterey Jack
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Place crust on pizza pan, pizza stone or cookie sheet (can also be baked directly on oven rack).
In small bowl combine pizza and barbecue sauce; spread evenly over crusts. Top each pizza with chicken, peppers, onion, coriander and Canadian Colby. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Repeat with remaining pizza.
Cool baked pizza on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes before cutting, to allow the cooked cheese to set and the crust to remain crisp.
Cooking Club Tips:For best results bake one pizza at a time. This is a great way to use up any leftover cooked chicken or buy a barbecued chicken from the grocery store.
Pizzas can also be assembled and divided without baking and baked at home just before serving, baking time might need to be increased.
To serve, cut the pizza into wedges and serve with fresh veggies sticks and yogurt dip.