This is the Beef and Blue brochettes recipe.
- Prep: 50 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 8 min
- 32 mini-skewers
- 1/2 large red, green and yellow pepper cut into 32 squares ¾˝ (2 cm)
- 1/2 large red onion cut into 32 pieces
- 3/4 lb (340 g) beef sirloin cut into ¾˝ (2 cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley freshly chopped
- 2 tbsp (30) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30) balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Blue sliced or crumbled
Pre-soak mini-skewers in water.
In shallow container with lid, add parsley, oil and balsamic vinegar. Season generously.
Place peppers, onions and beef cubes in container, cover with lid and shake vigorously to thoroughly coat with marinade. Let marinate at least 30 minutes or until the next day.
Prepare brochettes by sliding a pepper square, a piece of onion and a beef cube onto each skewer.
Preheat oven to 450oF (230oC).
Place marinated brochettes on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
Top with Blue and cook 7–8 minutes for medium done or as desired. Savour while they’re hot.
Canadian extra aged Cheddar, aged Provolone, extra aged Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 74 mcg|
|Vitamin B12:||27 %|
|Vitamin C:||50 %|