This recipe is taken from the 1989 Milk Calendar. This is the Beef and Pasta Skillet Supper recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) tomatoes undrained
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine beef, mushrooms, onion, green bell pepper and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat.
Blend flour and taco seasoning into meat mixture. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
Cut up tomatoes; add tomatoes and juice to pan. Stir in macaroni. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 min or until pasta is cooked; stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 133 mg|
|Vitamin C:||63 %|
|Vitamin B12:||55 %|