This recipe is taken from the 1997 Milk Calendar. An old favourite made easy, creamy and rich. And you can make it ahead when company's coming. - James Barber
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 lb (450 g) sirloin steak cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) diagonally sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) egg noodles or farfalle cooked
In large skillet, cook steak in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion, mushrooms and carrots; cook until onion is tender, about 5 min.
In bowl, mix together sour cream and flour. Add milk and ketchup; stir well. Gradually pour milk mixture into the skillet. Cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Simmer 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and season to taste.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta.
|Calcium:||13 % / 144 mg|