This is the Beef Tataki with Blue Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 40 min - 1 h
- Cooking: 3 min - 5 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) prepared horseradish
- 1 small French shallot chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Beef Tataki
- 5 oz (150 g) beef tenderloin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 oz (45 g) Bleu d’Élizabeth cheese crumbled
- 2 tsp (10 mL) store-bought cranberry jelly cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) balsamic glaze
- Snow pea or beet shoots (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a bowl, mix oil with horseradish, shallot, mustard, thyme and pepper.
Cut the tenderloin into 2 rectangular pieces, then coat with marinade. Let rest 30 minutes to 1 hour. Before cooking, remove excess marinade.
Melt butter in a skillet over high heat and quickly sear the tenderloin on all sides. Let rest 1–2 minutes.
Slice tenderloin and serve with crumbled Blue cheese, garnished with cranberry jelly cubes, a dash of balsamic glaze and snow pea or beet shoots, if desired.
Note: This recipe calls for the meat to be quickly seared. Consumption of raw or undercooked meat may be harmful to vulnerable people such as young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weak immune systems.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 132 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||136 %|
|Vitamin B6:||31 %|