This delicious soup is made in minutes and serves four. Enjoy it with thick slices of toasted wholegrain bread and you've got a nutritious, four food group meal.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans or black turtle beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn niblets
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Squirts of fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Cheddar or Canadian Colby or Canadian Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped green onions
Combine first 5 ingredients in saucepan and heat thoroughly.
Spoon into 4 bowls. Add lime juice. Combine shredded cheese and green onions. Sprinkle on top of each serving.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||26 % / 259 mg|