This is the Blue and Pear Salmon recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- 2 skinless filets (1 3/4 lb/790 g each) of salmon
- 3 slices bacon crumbled
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pears peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh savory or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried savory
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 slices of bread diced
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Blue cheese crumbled
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté bacon, onion and garlic. Add pears, wine, maple syrup and savory. Add salt and pepper to taste and let simmer 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add bread to absorb liquid.
On a parchment paper covered cookie sheet, set one of the salmon filets. Garnish with pear preparation, then add Blue cheese.
Cover with second salmon filet and bake 30 minutes. Cut and serve immediately with rice and vegetables.
Recipe can be prepared in advance and baked at the last minute.
For a milder taste, try with Canadian Mild or Sharp Cheddar or Gouda or slices of Brie.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 125 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||316 %|
|Vitamin B6:||73 %|