An elegant and totally scrumptious dish, with a touch of nouvelle cuisine italienne!
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 Box (375 g) bow-tie pasta
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- 2 tsp (10 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Blue cheese
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 4 slices prosciutto julienned
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to directions on package until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a saucepan, sauté the shallot and garlic in olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze with white wine and lemon juice. Allow to reduce almost entirely.
Add the cream and the Canadian Blue cheese. Mix. Add the tomatoes. Allow to reduce halfway. Add the pasta and continue cooking long enough to reheat. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Arrange the spinach on four plates and distribute the pasta. Garnish with prosciutto and pepper. Serve immediately.
Use a soft, runny Brie instead of Blue cheese, or penne pasta instead of farfalle.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 253 mg|
|Vitamin A:||85 %|